Troubleshooting the Dialer app
Stuck some where or something is not working? You’ll find answers here
Below you can find some troubleshooting steps to resolve common problems we've seen with the Convolo Dialer.
Convolo Dialer restarts/reconnects frequently | #DialerCrashes #ReconnectingIssue
- Step 1: Close and Reopen the App. Most common case of Dialer showing the message below is after the computer’s sleep mode. In that case make sure to click “RESTART” or close/reopen the Dialer app.
- Step 2: Make sure that you have Dialer version above 0.1.342 or 0.1.415 (otherwise you can download the latest version here↗️)
- Step 3: Check your Network Speed For the best call clarity, the minimum speed for VoIP phone calls is between 90 kbps (kilobits per second) to 156 kbps at the other end of the VoIP speed spectrum. Please note that the recommended speeded by Convolo.ai is above 5 Mbps+ for Upload and Download. If you’re not sure what the speed of your connection is, you can use our quick and easy free speed test to see where you’re at. Whether the issue persists, try a different network or wifi and check whether the Dialer acts the same. After changing networks, remember to restart the application.
- Step 4: Ensure that no third-party applications such as Firewalls and Antivirus are interfering with the dialer app. We highly advise reconfiguring or enabling the Dialer app to work freely on such programs because they can severely impair the Dialer app's functionality.
Poor Audio quality | #BadVoice #CantHearTheClient #ClientCantHearMe
If you are experiencing any issues with the call(s), we suggest you to report a call to us by following instructions in this article: Reporting Call Issues ↗️
While support team will be reviewing your ticket, you can try the following:
- Step 1: Check your Network Speed For the best call clarity, the minimum speed for VoIP phone calls is between 90 kbps (kilobits per second) to 156 kbps at the other end of the VoIP speed spectrum. Please note that the recommended speeded by Convolo.ai is above 5 Mbps+ for Upload and Download. If you’re not sure what the speed of your connection is, you can use our quick and easy free speed test to see where you’re at. Whether the issue persists, try a different network or wifi and check whether the Dialer acts the same. After changing networks, remember to restart the application.
- Step 2: Ensure that no third-party applications such as Firewalls and Antivirus are interfering with the dialer app. We highly advise reconfiguring or enabling the Dialer app to work freely on such programs because they can severely impair the Dialer app's functionality.
Key Press Recognition (DTMF) doesn’t work | #NumberPressing
Possible reasons why DTMF is not captured correctly
Handset Issues: The handset is not sending the DTMF tones correctly over the telephony lines. This could be because of the settings in the handset, manufacturing defect, speaker/earphone mode, etc.
Carrier Issues: One or more carriers involved during the transmission of DTMF tones fail to transmit it properly (This could be due to a combination of the handset, operators, location/cell towers involved).
Environmental Factors: Any factor which can cause sound (DTMF tone) to be altered or lost, such as background noise, poor reception, poor audio quality, etc. can make it difficult to distinguish the DTMF tones, or can also lead to duplicate tones being detected (if a noise chops a single DTMF sound into two parts).
User Behavior: Problems might arise if a user provides DTMF key inputs in mute or speaker mode. It may also be because the user presses the keys too quickly for the DTMF to be interpreted.
1. Dial one of the following numbers. You should hear a voice command.
Phone number for test
Country to call from
US/CA & Global
2. After the voice command, please press numbers 1-7. You should then hear a voice answer. If this works, that means the outgoing DTMF is working for you ✅
3. Then press 8 or 9. The call should stop, but you will receive a callback to the number you called in a few seconds.
4. Then again, after the voice command, please press any number, and you should hear a voice answer. If this works, that means the incoming DTMF is working for you ✅
Incoming and outgoing DTMF may be independent, so it makes sense to test both.
If one of the tests fails, or you still have DTMF issues, please get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org (providing specific examples is highly appreciated to solve the issue quickly).
Not getting notified on incoming Call/SMS | #Notifications
In some case you might not receive notifications on your PC due to:
- Activated “Do Not Disturb” mode on your PC/Mac.
- Convolo Dialer has been open after a sleep mode. Make sure to restart or Close/Open the Convolo Dialer app.
- Disabled “Pop-up notification” in the Convolo Dialer . In order to enable it, follow the screenshots below.
Click-to-call doesn’t work | #ClickToDial #ClickToCall
- Step 1: Ensure that you’ve installed the Dialer extension Convolo Dialer Extension [click to view in Chrome Webstore ↗] will allow you to dial every phone number on web with just one click! After the installation of the following extension, click on the extension and tick the checkboxes according to the screenshot below.
- Step 2: Enable Convolo Dialer as Default Calling App
- Open FaceTime on Mac.
- Select "FaceTime" from the computer’s top menu bar > "Preferences" > "Settings".
- Change the "Default for calls" to "Convolo Dialer".
- Search for "Default apps".
- Click on "Choose default apps by protocol" at the bottom.
- Finally, scroll to "TEL", click on it, and select "Convolo Dialer".
On Mac OS 🍎
To change the default calling app on Mac:
On Windows 🖥
To change the default calling app on Windows:
- Step 3: Do a test call Enter your Chrome-based browser and click any number on this page → https://testpage.convolo.ai/callTo.html (or you can open any callto/tel link on any other web-page)
Power Dialer doesn’t start the call when clicking “▶️” | #NoCallOnPlay
- Step 1: Ensure that you’ve contacts to Dial in your Project(s). Click on the project and view how many contacts left next to your project name. In the case below there is only one project “Test by Max” that includes 2 contacts that are available for the dialing. If you would like to add more contacts into your Power Dialer project you will need to check our articles here↗️
- Step 2: Restart the Dialer app → elect a random project → switch back to the project that includes available contacts → click the “▶️” button. If the issue(s) remain(s), feel free to reach us out on email@example.com
Contact’s info is not shown in the Convolo Dialer | #NoInfo #NoPreview #BlindDial
As Admin of the Convolo account make sure to log in into Convolo Dashboard → Click on “Projects” on the left menu bar → Select the project you want to edit → Click on the settings/gear icon → Click on “Columns in the Dialer” → Enable columns that should be visible for you by selecting on/off.
Text Messaging / SMS is not available or doesn’t work #SMS #TextMessages
Only mobile and Toll-free numbers can support Text Messages / SMS. Keep in mind that some categories of the mobile or Toll-free numbers might not support Text Messaging / SMS.
Phone Number Type
If you have a Toll-free number or a mobile number that you’re unable to send SMS from, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and CC your CSM or Account manager in the email.
International calls aren’t working | #CantCallAbroad
For some phone numbers international calling might be disabled by default in your account. If you have any other number to select from, you can choose an alternative number and try calling abroad with that number.
Otherwise you can reach to your CSM manager or email@example.com and specify what countries you’re planning to call, so we’d help to activate international calling.
If you’re still having trouble with the Convolo Dialer, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and CC your CSM or Account manager in the email.
Last updated on May 12, 2023